How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

passing thick jelly like substance in urine - almost black/bloody.No

Resolved Question:

passing thick jelly like substance in urine - almost black/bloody.No pain or burning sensation and no nausea.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

This sounds like you are having blood clots in the urine. This can be from bleeding from the prostate, kidney stones, or tumors of the urinary tract. You need to get in to see a urologist today or go to the ER to have an evaluation done as these potential clots can completely obstruct your urine stream and you may not be able to urinate. You will need a CT scan and cystoscopy done. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you