How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The top end of my penis turned bright red and then blistered

Resolved Question:

the top end of my penis turned bright red and then blistered like a burn and then returned to normal after the blister healed.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

It is possible that you had inflammation of the penis called balanitis. As long as the tissue has healed, you do not need to do anything else. If the tissue still has not healed, you need to see a urologist for and exam and you may need to be prescribed a steroid cream called betamethasone. Hope this helps.

Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you