How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20389
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a clear sticky discharge from penis following

Resolved Question:

I have a clear sticky discharge from penis following unprotected sex 1 month ago.
Have tested negative for all STD's including gonn and chlamydia, have taken anti-biotics for trich, chlamydia (x 2 lots of anti-b's) and gon. Discharge most prevalent in morning and evening, after urination, or before and after ejaculation and with arousal. This has been ongoing for 3 or more weeks now.
Left testicle feels a little tight or almost like it's sitting higher at times now.
It is not pre ejaculate.
What is it? How can I treat it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

The next step is to see a urologist for an evaluation of your urethra with a test called cystoscopy. STDs can cause scar tissue in the urethra called a stricture, which can cause this discharge that you describe. The cystoscopy will be able to look in the urethra to see if this is the case and if so, then the tissue will need to be dilated open. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you mean you are going to respond ASAP with more info or is this your answer?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 years ago.
This is my answer. Can I clarify anything?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, please.

Is this not likely to be an infection of some sort other than the obvious STD's?

Why would I have a strange feeling in my testicles?

Is the discharge harmful to a partner?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 years ago.
It is possible that you may have an infection of the testicle called orchitis which can be due to a reflux of infected urine back to the testicle through the ejaculatory ducts if you have a stricture in the urethra. This is why you need to have this evaluated. Orchitis can be treated with an antibiotic such as cipro, but it needs to be taken for 3-4 weeks to treat the infection. If the discharge is infected with bacteria, then it can be harmful. You should use a condom if you have intercourse until this clears up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1 more question please if you will. After the unprotected sex over a month ago I felt tingling/itching feeling within the penis and it is too coincidental to not be connected to this. What other scenarios are there other than gon, trich and chlamydia that are sexually transmitted that would cause this type of discharge?

If it is a bacterial infection will it cure itself?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 years ago.
The tingling/itching can be caused by the stricture that I described above. This is the other scenario that would cause this type of discharge we have been talking about. If the infection is bacterial, it will likely not cure itself and you will need antibiotics to cure it. Hope this helps
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you