Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 64 years old with serum creatnine level of 179 umol/L,

Customer Question
Urea level of 8.3 mmol/L...
I am 64 years old with serum creatnine level of 179 umol/L, Urea level of 8.3 mmol/L and eGFR =35 mL/min/1.73m.
My question are
1. Is this a dangerous level for renal failure?
2. How can I bring my creatnine level down?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/29/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
You're currently bordering on advanced kidney disease. There's nothing that you can do to bring the creatinine level down as the damage that has been done to the kidney is already done. You can prevent further damage by keeping your blood pressure under good control and limiting the amount of protein you have in your diet. You need to be followed closely by a nephrologist to ensure that you do not have further kidney damage. Hope this helps and let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.