Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 34 years old and have what I have been told is a

Customer Question
prostate infection. Symptoms are: Pain in the...
I am 34 years old and have what I have been told is a prostate infection.
Symptoms are:
Pain in the lower glans area during urination
Slightly yellow, odorless, milky discharge
Slight dull internal pains in the pelvic region
Tests run:
2 different STD panels (Negative)
2 different bacterial cultures (No growth)
Found nitrites in urine
Found leukocytes in urine
Treatments tried:
6 week cipro course (Eliminated symptoms but returned within days of ending treatment)
2 week bactrim course (No discernible effect)
Currently taking 600mg ibuprofen 3 times daily (recommended by urologist)
I have been going to doctors for this for a couple of months now and it's frustrating that they all seem to contradict each other and haven't even defined the problem. One said UTI, one said Prostate infection, the last one said he can't find anything wrong. I had a vasectomy 4 years ago and I have the sneaking suspicion it's related, due to the random aches feeling very similar to the recovery pains, but every doctor says no, so who knows... But 2 months and $800 later it's getting a little old.
Any thoughts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/28/2010
Urologist: dr.sehr, Doctor replied 8 years ago
dr.sehr
dr.sehr, Doctor

WELCOME to justanswer,

Respected and Dear customer.

You may have chronic urethral pain. Cystoscopy and meatotomy must be done to rule out.

With a cystoscopy and meatotomy, this would ruled out any anatomical abnormality such as urethral strictures or polyps. I would definitely make sure there is no infectious cause and possibly repeat tests for Chlamydia or gonorrhea. Make sure that there is no evidence for prostatitis (i.e. culturing prostatic secretions). Epedidymitis should also be ruled out - this can be performed via ultrasound.

There are other causes for discomfort, including a dermatatis or increased nerve sensitivity.

Pain occurring at the beginning of or during urination suggests a urethral site of disease, whereas pain after voiding implies pathology within the bladder or prostate area. ... In men, pain on urination is often referred most intensely to the glans ... Dysuria is related to inflammation of the lower urinary tract

So my advise to you is that,you should have cystoscopy,meatotomy,and lastly culture of prostate secretion to confirm diagnosis.

I hope it help you .

GOD BLESS YOU.

REGARDS

Relist: Answer quality.
The suggested tests have been run multiple times with no results.
Are there any non-doctor performed tests, exercises, signs, symptoms, etc, that could at least indicate a clear condition? I am tired of paying the outrageous prices for doctors to tell me they don't know what is wrong and send me on my way.