Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on hydrocodone for several months--could this be…

Customer Question
I have been on hydrocodone...
I have been on hydrocodone for several months--could this be the reason my urine has become bright yellow (coinciding with better bowel activity whereas before the meds were constipating me)?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/28/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Bright yellow urine can indicate dehydration or intake of large amounts of vitamins such as vitamin C. Hydrocodone does not turn the urine yellow. You should drink more water (6-8 glasses per day) to dilute the urine so that it is clear. If you take vitamin C, limit the intake to no more than 1000mg per day.Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify anything.

If you are satisfied with this answer, kindly hit the green accept button so that I can get credit for helping you. If you need more info, please let me know. Thanks.