Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Last nite in the middle of the nite all of the sudden dark…

Last nite in the middle...
Last nite in the middle of the nite all of the sudden dark urine - it appears to be blood. Recently diagnosed with two kidney stones left kidney and was having treatment in two weeks. No pain but mild burning when urinate. Still dark urine mid day. I am on blood thinners for stroke from many years ago - Have stopped today with symptoms. Advice? Concerned as out of the blue. 54 year old male.***@******.***
6/27/2010
Urologist,M.D.
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
I would drink lots of fluids for this to flush out your system. The bleeding hopefully is from the kidney stones, as they can sometimes cause this. However, it is possible that it may be coming from something else such as your bladder. If it continues, you may want to hold off on your blood thinners until this improves. If it continues let your urologist know soon and he may be able to move your procedure up. Hope this helps.
Urologist,M.D.
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
drink fluids and in your opinion given these limited facts not a Sunday urgent care situation, correct. PS... Due to much minor blood in urine three months ago had bladder scoped-no issues but scan of kidneys did show two small to mid size stones on the left side. Thanks-very helpful...
Should definitely not be a urgent issue if you are urinating okay and emptying your bladder. Do let your urologist know next week if it continues. Should not be a major problem though and most likely is from your stones.