Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

How do you find the cause and treatment of testicular

Customer Question
atrophy?...
How do you find the cause and treatment of testicular atrophy?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/25/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Atrophy of the testis can be due to prior infection especially if you had mumps when you were younger. It can also be due to decreased blood flow to the testicle if the blood supply gets interrupted and this can occur if you had a hernia repair or a vasectomy or other abdominal surgery that couoold slow the bood supply to the testicle. There is no way to treat this as it is not reversible. As long as the other testicle is normal, you will have enough testosterone and sperm production. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.