Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a fractured penis almost 3 weeks ago. The doctor said…

Customer Question
Hi doctor, I had a fractured...
Hi doctor,
I had a fractured penis almost 3 weeks ago. The doctor said the trauma was very small. He degloved my penis and fixed the problem with no complications. The other day I did a slow masterbation, I know I shouldnt of but I made a poor decision. I was wondering if this increases the possibility of my penis bending. I also am curious how long it takes for bending of the penis after the operation to show up, if it is in fact going to show up. Lastly how long should i wait before masturbation or sexual intercourse. And is there anything i can do to help my penis stay straight and able to get erections.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/25/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
You should not masturbate or have sex for at least 6 weeks from the time of your surgery or you can damage the repair and make thigns worse. This masturbation can make your penis bend after the repair. It may take several months (3-6 motnhs) for the curvature to start to appear. The only thingyou can do is wait to see if it will remain straight. There is nothing you can do to help it straighten but leave it alsone while it heals.Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify anything.

If you are satisfied with this answer, kindly hit the green accept button so that I can get credit for helping you. If you need more info, please let me know. Thanks.
I dont have any pain, I didnt rub the area that was sutured at all, is there anyway to tell if I have damaged anything. Anythign I should look out for. Also why would it help the penis to bend? does it create more scar tissue? And have you ever ran into this problem before?
As long as there is no skin separation or bruising, you should be fine. There is no other way to tell if you injured anything besides pain. The penis bends because of the scar tissue formed during healing from the injury. The scar tissue formation happens very frequently after a penile fracture.
Lastly doctor, how long does it usually take for that inner wound to heal?? My outside sutures are almost completely healed so i would imagine my inside sutures are as well.
The inner wound can take 6 weeks to heal up.
should i worry about having erections then?? It seems like that would put stress on it as well
No, having erections is fine. It is the trauma to the area from masturbation and sex that you have to worry about while it heals.
OK that makes me feel better. Im so sorry I have one last question. I am so freaked out, I really appreciate your time.
So I never touched the injury spot at all, i dint touch the shaft whatsoever, the only thing that i thought might damage it was the spasm of the erection upon ejaculation. Other then that I havent touched it at all. That hopefully wont damage anything?? I wont be doing anymore masturbation, I am just wondering. Last question I promise.
I think that you have not damaged anything and you will be fine. Just let it heal for 6 weeks before you have sex or masturbate.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Thanks doc, you the man
You're welcome