Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having this problem, first thing when I wake up in the…

Customer Question
I am having this problem...
I am having this problem, first thing when I wake up in the morning I can't urinate even though I need to. I have to force some out then I can empty my bladder. The rest of the day this problem doesn't occur. It has been happening every morning for about 2 months, and only after sleeping. I have been tested for infection and have not had one.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/24/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
You may need a medication such as flomax to relax the sphincter muscle to allow you to urinate better urinate morning. You should be seen by a urologist to have his prescribed if you have not done so already. Hope this helps and let me know if I can answer any other quesions.