Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 5 1/2 years old.he is having pain around the area…

Customer Question
my son is 5 1/2...
my son is 5 1/2 years old.he is having pain around the area of his umbilicus,when he is stretching his body for past 15 days.initially v suspected it to be a gastric problem and v continued medicines for it but havenot seen any improvement.yesterday v underwent an ultrasound.there were 2stones(lessthan2mm)on either side of the kidneys.does this require any medication.please reply.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/10/2010
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
If the stones were actually in his kidney and they are less than 2 mm, chances are he may pass them on his own. However, he needs to be seen by a pediatric nephrologist to do a 24 hours urine collection to figure out why he is making these stone and to determine if he actually needs to be on medicines for this or not. Stones in someone his age are not normal and need to be investigated further. Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify anything.

If you are satisfied with this answer, kindly hit the green accept button so that I may be compensated for my time. If you need more info, please let me know.Thanks.
Is there anything else I can help you with?