Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was taking enablex 7.5 dose for a few months now all my…

Customer Question
I was taking enablex 7.5...
I was taking enablex 7.5 dose for a few months now all my symptoms have returned that are associated with OAB. I have been to a urologist and my bladder is fine.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
6/9/2010
Urologist: DR JONES, MBBS MD replied 8 years ago
DR JONES
DR JONES, MBBS MD
Do you mean that you had intermittent relief from the symptoms and now again you are having symptom?
Can you please describe your symptoms in detail?
What was cause proposed for you symptoms?
I had intermittent relief for a good one to two months and I am now having the symptoms again. I feel the need or urgency to urinate a lot. The doctor checked my bladder and told me I was completely emptying He suggested I have OAB
An overactive bladder is a condition that is result of involuntary contraction of the muscle in the wall of the urinary bladder leading to sudden and unstoppable need to urinate , even though the bladder may be partially full.

Treatment offered is combination of behavioral therapy ,biofeed back method and medications.Behavioral therapy includes pelvic muscle kegel's exercises.Biofeed back method can also help in gaining some control. I think your doctor can help you with this methods. Medication which can be helpful are oxybutynin,tolterodine and Darifenacin (Enablex).

The overall prognosis for overactive bladder is generally good.However the results of these treatment my take time to show up and symptoms may return if they are stopped.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.
I am still taking enablex and my overactive bladder symptoms have returned. I am taking 7.5 dosage. What can I do
I would suggest you to see your doctor and get details about behavioral therapy and biofeedback method. These measures should be give better results along with medications.