Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I pee when I sneeze,cough,run or jump, I went to my yearly

Customer Question
pap smear and my OB...
I pee when I sneeze,cough,run or jump, I went to my yearly pap smear and my OB recommended I get my Bladder in a sling which I agree but they also want to remove my Uterus, Is this normal to have done? I'am 39 and done having kids but I'm worried and just don't know what to do!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2010
Urologist: Dr. Mark, M.D. replied 8 years ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, M.D.
I would just have the bladder surgery. There is no medical reason that you have given me to indicate the need to have your uterus removed.
I was told that removing my uterus would eliminate periods and that it is removed because if I would to have a baby again I would have complications after this Bladder procedure and I would have to have a C-Section
That doesn't quite make sense. Do you want to have more children?
No I'm good!
I see no medical reason to have your uterus removed.
Thank you so much for your help!!!
you are welcome. Please hit the ACCEPT button so I can get credit. Thanks.
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, M.D.
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, M.D.