How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MD Your Own Question
MD, Dr
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MD.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Of coarse it burns when i pee but i am feeling better a

Customer Question

of coarse it burns when i pee but i am feeling better a friend gave me left over meds from when she had one, and is helping a little on my soreness. but of coarse it all start from having sex with my husband. but the bumps are not puss filled just very sore to the touch and burn i also feel as if i am riped but not a very bad chafed feeling. it hurts to stand and sit these are worse than going pee. i know it is no std so please to not suggest that. hopefully it is just irritation from the uti and intercoarse or maybe from shaving. all i know is this sucks and i will proply get a yeast infection from antibotics im on and im going to be starting my period in three days so please help me
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  MD replied 8 years ago.
   You seem to be right, it does look like a severe reaction or infection in the vaginal area. Ideally you need to be evaluated by your doctor to see the lesions and then give antibiotics. The symptoms you are describing do not seem like yeast infection. Yeast infection does not cause such severe symptoms. It causes irritation, itching, mild foul odor etc. Presently you need to -
- take oral anti-inflammatory like tylenol/motrin
- clean the vaginal area with plain water. do not use any soap or other chemicals
- increase your water intake
- avoid intercourse
Also consult an Ob/gynae for a detailed evaluation.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i know it is not a yeast infection but im sure ill need up with one from the antibotics i just want to make sure if i am already on some if that will help the soreness and riped plus bumps go away because if that what a doctor would put me on what kind of antibotics i have no insurance thats way i ask. the bumps are on the outter vagina and butt and seem to be a new one everyday but i am also putting a and d ointmint down there should i not be doing that it helps the chafing feeling when i walk maybe you can tell be a better explaination with that.
Expert:  MD replied 8 years ago.
You can continue using the ointment. What antibiotic are you atking and in what dose?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
nitrofurantoin twice a day for the uti infection i also have amoxicillin but havent took them yet because i think nitrofurantoin is a antibotic. are do you think i should take both.
Expert:  MD replied 8 years ago.
Both nitrofurantoin and amoxicillin are antibiotics. Nitrofurantoin is better for UTI. But this should be taken ideally after doing a urine examination and a urine culture to know the sensitivity of the organism towards the antibiotic.