UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

My daughter has received a PCN for overstaying time limit…

Customer Question
My daughter has received a...
My daughter has received a PCN for overstaying time limit parking at stadium retail park , Wembley Park Wembley . As she is a student she has no money and it falls to me to pay . Can I ignore it ?
Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
6/1/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 18 days ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thanks . UK Parking patrol office

Ok. Does it say anything about the local council?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No

Ok.

Are you willing to risk being sued?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No !
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Sorry there was a break as I had to take a call

There is no way of ensuring that you won't be sued unless you pay in full. That is the only way to achieve that.

If you are fighting this then you face the risk that they will sue. maybe they will. Maybe not. But they may.

Personally I would never pay but you do need to understand that you are taking a risk.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
You would never pay ? So what is the law on this issue please ? What is the likelihood of being sued , do you have any statistics?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
what would the approximate costs be if she was sued ? If she has no income as a student surely once they found this out they wouldn’t go as far as suing ?

No, there are no statistics obviously. It turns upon facts. They are more aggressive than they were. Probably 50-50.

if she were sued it would be the sum of the fine, plus about £35 in costs and £55 fixed solicitors costs.

The fact she is a student is a non issue. That would not deter them.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok , and she would have a ccj against her name if it went that far , and that’s obviously not a good thing ?

Only if she doesnt pay within 28 days.

If she does it will drop off her record.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
You mean doesn’t pay the cos within 28 days ts at the suing point , not the normal 28 days from this first letter point ? And does she actually have to attend court or is it all through letters ?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Sorry that wasn’t clear . The ccj will be dropped if she pays the costs you mentioned above within 28 days .

No. If she pays the full judgment within 28 days then it will not show on her record.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
the figure of the fine will be way more than £60 if I leave it as it goes up and up if you don’t pay it ? I have finished my questions after this one thank you
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Would she have to physically go to court , sorry final question ?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.