UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I was at a party where I had drunk alcohol and then

Customer Question
I was at a...

I was at a party where I had drunk alcohol and then unconscious I wanted to drive my car home. From what I remember, I hit the car in a higher curb and made it to a wheel flat. I continued to drive and then the police crossed over to me and they stopped me. Police officers say I did not stop at first but I remember I stopped. Then they put me the test of breath, I do not know what the value was that I do not remember them, and then they took me to the police station and arrested me for a few hours. So I do not know what value I had on alcohol and I do not know if they did my blood or urine test. Unfortunately, I do not remember much. I was drunk. After they released me, I did not say anything and I did not ask because I was hangover and I wanted to go home. I have to tell you it's the first time I commit a crime in U.K I only have 3 penalty points on the speed license and I did not get to the course because of the job

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

They charge me with falling to provide a specimen breath RT88010. My questions are:

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes on 10th April

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is any chace to avoid the ban..because I am HGV driver..and I will lose my job

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

what was the reading?

I didn t remember

Ok. But you have failed to provide a spciemen, is that right?

It is bad news. It is mandatory disqualification, the court has no choice.

You are looking at between 1 and 2 years. This can be reduced by 25% if you take the drink driver course.

But sadly the court had to disqualify you, they have no choice.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.