UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

RT8007 first offence 68yrs old I have cooperated fully I am…

Customer Question
RT8007 first offence 68yrs...

RT8007 first offence 68yrs old I have cooperated fully I am really very embarrassed to be in this situation , i have always told my children DO NOT ..... Is there any leeway with a driving ban at all ? I will be pleading guilty I do not know If I am capable of giving a mitigation statement to the court and cannot afford legal fees andd yet do not qualify for legal aid

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

No what do you mean by the citation please

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I was told to attend the magistrates court on the 17/1/2018 if not I would be arrested

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had a busy day ate breakfast but nothing else got home as evening fell , my children rang me as I prepared a meal I proceeded to drink two glasses of wine 1 red 1 white whilst listening to their concerns re their Dad ( he has mental health problems and we are separated ) he was refusing to seek medical help they felt he was suicidal ? anxiety attack ? heart attack he had put the phone down on them all I pushed aside the dinner I had about finished cooking and just got in the car, drove over to his home . When I reached there the police were with a group of teens outside his home .... I just suddenly couldn't believe what I had done , parked the car and went into his home he asked me to leave but I knew I couldn't do that so he went out and asked the police constable to come in ... she immediately asked if I had been drinking and I said Yes, no breatherlyser was available so I accompanied them back to the station, they dropped me off a couple of hours later to drive home I look after my grandchildren and without a car this is going to cause my children real financial problems. I have mobility problems and have had two hip replacements for oesteo arthritis

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
1/5/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What was your reading please?