UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

Legislation Contrary to Section 5 (1) (a) of the Road

Customer Question
Legislation Contrary to Section...

Legislation Contrary to Section 5 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Annex 2 to the Road Offenders Act 1988 CCCJS CODE: RT88007 for this violation can they convict me in jail Is it possible if I do not have a prior violation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

77 mikrogrames of alcohol in 100

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can be the maximum punishment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
11/10/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What were the circumstances of this offence please?

it was my first time; I was accused of driving motor vehicle after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in my breath, namely 77 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeded the prescribed limit
with full assistance of the police,and without accidents

How did you come to be stopped?

I drank in a nightclub with my girlfriend and I left

Why were you stopped?

I think somehow they saw me as I get into the car.I do not have an accident,no other person was in my car?
You are not charged with the offenses shown below. But it may harm your defense if you do not mention something that later rely on in the court.Anything now, you say you can be given in evidence.If you are a personal license holder with any local authority in the UK, authorizing you to sell alcohol you must produce your personal license at court.You commit further off and if you fail to do so.MUST take If you have been charged with any charges under the Road Traffic Act you have your driving license to court Charge Mazda registration on 2017 at Boston Lincolnshire and a motor vehicle, namely alcohol that the (1) much FOSSILY on the road, namely TUNNARD STREET, after consuming that proportion of the breath, namely 77 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of your breath, exceeded the prescribed li mit.Road Traffic Contrary to Section 5 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Offenders Act 1988. 'CCCJS CODE: RT88007' Reply (if any): Signed mpropriate adult: Signed

Ok. Are you asking what sentence you face?