UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I received a letter from Gladstone solictors in regard to a…

Hi Pearl. I received...

Hi Pearl. I received a letter from Gladstone solictors in regard to a parking fine. I have had several debt letters but have ignored them. When they initially contacted me I wrote sending proof that I had paid the correct ticket fee and not stayed over the allotted time. I had accidentally put an incorrect letter when typing my registration. I have now received a threatening solicitors letter. what should I do? Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Its in Scotland

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not yet it states I have 14 days or they may sue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so, thank u

10/25/2017
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Are you asking if you are liable?

As I stated I paid the correct fee so believe the charge was made in error.

Well, on the face of it you are not liable.

However, they clearly are not willing to accept that.

If your real question is how do you convince them then that is ultimately not within your control. That is entirely a matter of their choice. If they accept your point then that is great. If not then they may sue.

If they do sue then it is a simple matter of defending this in court.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Thank you.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister