UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

I am being chased for three parking tickets from Parking

Customer Question
Hi I am being chased...
Hi I am being chased for three parking tickets from Parking Eye. Two was for the same spot, my son had an appointment at a Medical centre for a medical to get his licence back. We have never been there before and the only sign I saw was for patients only. There were no spaces so I sat in the car, when a space came available I moved into the space. Parking eye clocked me twice and although I appealed to Popla and they asked for permission from my son to check, I am still being chased. This was over two years ago.
The other was for parking outside Costa coffee, the limit is 2hours and I was there longer, I had recently retired and was meeting some old colleagues for lunch who had staggered lunch breaks so my stay was longer. I wouldn't expect to receive a ticket if I went into a pub, so why a coffee cafe.
I have received a letter from Popla for the first two tickets stating that no further action will be taken as my case has gone to the odmunsman, I phoned them and they said that they have no record of my case, but I am still being chased.
I received a text this morning asking me to contact DRPL immediately.
I hope you can help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
10/18/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What stage is your appeal with POPLA?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For the first two fines for parking in themedical centre I have a letter from Popla saying that they are passing my appeal from London Councils to Ombudsman service led dated 1st Oct 2015 and no further action will be taken until I hear from them. I never have.
The 2nd fine which was outside Costa, I have a letter from Popla saying that I have lost my appeal, which was an email re-sent on the 13th Oct 2017 as I telephoned them saying that I was being chased by debt collectors, to which they responded they have been sending me emails to say my appeal was refused, but I have never received them.

HVe you contacted the Ombudman yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you get my reply
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please can you tell me how long it takes to each question it will be answered, I thought we would be having a continuous conversation.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry but as you are not answering I may cancel, I can not sit waiting for your replies as I have a busy day today.
Or is this an attempt for me to telephone you and cost me more
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer