UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I am being chased for three parking tickets from Parking…

Customer Question
Hi I am being chased...
Hi I am being chased for three parking tickets from Parking Eye. Two was for the same spot, my son had an appointment at a Medical centre for a medical to get his licence back. We have never been there before and the only sign I saw was for patients only. There were no spaces so I sat in the car, when a space came available I moved into the space. Parking eye clocked me twice and although I appealed to Popla and they asked for permission from my son to check, I am still being chased. This was over two years ago.
The other was for parking outside Costa coffee, the limit is 2hours and I was there longer, I had recently retired and was meeting some old colleagues for lunch who had staggered lunch breaks so my stay was longer. I wouldn't expect to receive a ticket if I went into a pub, so why a coffee cafe.
I have received a letter from Popla for the first two tickets stating that no further action will be taken as my case has gone to the odmunsman, I phoned them and they said that they have no record of my case, but I am still being chased.
I received a text this morning asking me to contact DRPL immediately.
I hope you can help.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
10/18/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What stage is your appeal with POPLA?

For the first two fines for parking in themedical centre I have a letter from Popla saying that they are passing my appeal from London Councils to Ombudsman service led dated 1st Oct 2015 and no further action will be taken until I hear from them. I never have.
The 2nd fine which was outside Costa, I have a letter from Popla saying that I have lost my appeal, which was an email re-sent on the 13th Oct 2017 as I telephoned them saying that I was being chased by debt collectors, to which they responded they have been sending me emails to say my appeal was refused, but I have never received them.

HVe you contacted the Ombudman yourself?

No
Did you get my reply
Please can you tell me how long it takes to each question it will be answered, I thought we would be having a continuous conversation.
I'm sorry but as you are not answering I may cancel, I can not sit waiting for your replies as I have a busy day today.
Or is this an attempt for me to telephone you and cost me more
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer