UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I was issued with a London CC penalty charge, despite having…

Customer Question
I was issued with...

I was issued with a London CC penalty charge, despite having a registered electric car and the car being enrolled on autopay - the penalty was clearly issued in error. The CC London customer service confirmed all expemption were effective and in place at time of charge but I would have to appeal in writing - they told me this could not be done online. I forgot about it and did not appeal until after the 28days when I found you could appeal online, I provided documentary evidence the electric car was registered with CC London and exempt. They rejected appeal as outside 28 days. Fine was passed to Equita and I had to pay £500 yesterday when an enforcement agent came to my house - what routes do I now have to appeal this ticket issued in erro

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

London UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
10/12/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 9 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

did you pay them off?

was one fine - I didnt pay it until yesterday to equita as stated above

Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure what you were hoping to do about this? You seem to have paid and they have rejected your stat dec anyway?