UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I have received a judgement for claimant from the county…

Customer Question
Hi, I have received...

Hi, I have received a judgement for claimant from the county court business centre referring to a parking fine from Parking Eye. As I understand it I should have been notified that this was going before a court and I wasn't. I woiuld have appealed it if they had notified me. It is for a pub car park that I stayed in for 20 mins and failed to notice you had to enter your car reg at the bar. I do have evidence in the form of bank statements stating I was in the pub on that date. Am I able to set this aside for appeal

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

The lot is owned by the pub and it appears they have hired parking eye to manage their car park, I was advised to ingnore the letter from parking eye and heard nothing back from them until this judgement for claimant has turned up

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

The letter I have is not a summons it is a judgement for the claimant, it says I have not replied to the claim form (which I never received) and I must pay the claimant a total of £197

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
10/2/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you ever get the Court papers?

no only thing I ever received from the court was a white form with written at the top Judgment for Claimant (in default) demanding a payment of £197 £100 for the claimant and £97 for costs. When I rang the County Court Business Centre and quoted my claim no I was advised there was nothing I could do except pay £250 to get the case heard in my local court
thanks

Ok - you can apply to set aside this.

You need to complete form N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to set aside.

If you are on a low income or benefits you may be entitled to fee waiver.

If not, then if the Court grants your order you can ask the Court to order Parking Eye pay your costs (£255)

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.