UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

Was just reading through the posting about UK Parking

Customer Question
Was just reading through...

Was just reading through the posting about UK Parking Patrol

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

I got the ticket on 3rd Aug and then a payment reminder to my house on 5th september. I have not responded to it. I'm not sure who owns the car park - some private flats I think. I was not parked on the car park I was parked on a grass verge along with some other cars - the grass verge surrounds the car park.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not had a summons

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just not sure whether to pay up or not?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know who owns the verge?

I don't know the name of the owners but it seems to be the same owners as the car park. I've attached 3 pictures of the verge. I can see that there is a sign there now, but on the day I never saw it from when I approached and when I parked the car it was not in my line of sight. I just saw the other cars parked there on the day.

Thanks. Only the owner can give you the penalty.

If it belongs to the Council, only they can give a ticket.

If it belongs to a Company and they employed UK Parking Patrol then they can give you a ticket.

I would write and ask for evidence that the land belongs to their client.

If they can not give it, do not pay the ticket.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

It still isn't clear as to whether the ticket should be ignored or paid. Some of the other posts within this site indicate that Parking Charge Notices are unenforceable and everything should be ignore. I Since received a Reminder Notice to my home address asking me to pay up. They say they got my info from DVLA. I'm not sure what to do.

Only the owner can give you a ticket.

You can ask for evidence. If they own it, then yes, you should pay it.

Does that clarify?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor