UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is*****: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

United Kngdom haven't consulted anyone yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's a parking charge letter from private firm

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
9/16/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
frantzgregory

What is your question?

Hi, I've received a letter asking me to pay a parking penalty (dated 25.08.17). The letter is from MET parking (private firm). It says that my vehicle remained in the BP connect fuel station in Stansted for the duration that was in breach of their terms and conditions and there is a charge of £100 that I need to pay (discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days). The issue is that that signs are not noticeable enough. And moreover there's a free 1 hour car park provided by Stansted Airport itself. So, if one knew that there's a such penalty charge at fuel station and knows about free 1 hour car park they would park in a free car park. So, if driver didn't notice such signs in the fuel station then would there be a contract? What can MET parking firm can do to force me pay the penalty and what are my options in this case as the registered keeper of the vehicle in question?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
If I wasn't the driver at that time, am I required by law to tell them who the driver was? If I don't tell them who it was would I have to pay the penalty charge?