Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

High unpaid parking fines from over 20 years ago are these

Customer Question

High unpaid parking fines from over 20 years ago are these still enforceable and if so who by the DVLA
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Hi - are these council or private fines? and how much do you now owe?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know as it was that long ago. I guess back then they were issued by traffic wardens I moved around a lot back then. I'm not sure of the debt as I seem to have a debt collection asking for me to confirm who I am
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
DoB
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Personally i can not remember if I did or did not have fines issued back then. 20 plus years ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I find it strange the dvla have my details I have been in this house 14 years ,3 years before that one 3 years before that.. that is also on my credit history but not debts or defaults over the last 20 years
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

What have you received specifically?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing other then a vague letter address like junk mail with nobody's name just for you ocuppier to confirm blank spaces who you are etc and something about a outstanding parking fines back years ago I just binned . I leave it as it may not be me and i can not remember. if another letter comes il will get back too with what it says. As the information I'm given you is as vague as it was for me. I'm sure if it was me they would state my name dob etc and give more detail. I think because I saw out standing parking fines just got into my head they make you think you have them.
Anyway thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

That is probably private land.

Are you saying that you don't need an answer then?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
answer please if you can as the information I have given you I think may not be enough.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Is there any chance you can scan and post this letter so I can see what they are alleging?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Stupidly I binned it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you wanted me to do here?

Obviously without a conclusive basis I cannot say definitely what will happen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks jo I've made a note for future contact if i needed it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

All the best.