UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I am a resident in the UK and have a full UK driving

Customer Question
Hi. I am a...

Hi. I am a resident in the UK and have a full UK driving licence. However I received a driving ban in Ireland in November 2015 (I'm Irish by birth). I read this morning the disqualifications from one country are now recognised in the other. But does this apply to bans already in place, or is is just bans from this day forth? Also I am entitled to appeal the last year from my ban this November which I intend to do. Will this help in any way. I have not received any notification from the DVLA but am worried now that I will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Republic of Ireland

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not at this time, but will appear at my local court in Ireland in November to appeal the last year off my ban.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
8/1/2017
Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 11 months ago
James Mather
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.