UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

I have just received a NIP for driving 66mph in temporary

Customer Question
50mph limit on the Motorway JA...
I have just received a NIP for driving 66mph in temporary 50mph limit on the Motorway
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: It was in the UK Gloucestershire
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I don't know yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
5/15/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What do you want to know this today please?

I want to know what fine and points I am likely to receive. I drive for work so I can't afford to not have my licence revoked

Sorry I was just iN Court. When did you get your licence?

I got my licence in November 2016

The guidelines say 4-6 points or disqualify for 7-28 days.

If you plead guilty you are likely to get the lower end so 4 points and a fine.

So you will have 4 points and need to make sure you dont get any others under the new driver rules.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Can I take the disqualification without this effecting me losing my licence completely, in the event I get 6 points?

You wont get 6 points and no, its up to the Court whether they give you 6 points or disqualify you.

Does that clarify?

Oh so I don't get the choice between 1 or the other? Would there be an option for a speed awareness course?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor