Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have received an intention to prosecute notice on 28/12

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have received an intention to prosecute notice on 28/12 referring to a speeding breach of 37mph in an limit zone of 30mph. It's a school area and it took place on 26/12 when there are school holidays and to be honest, I drive in that area every day and one evening a week and I saw so many people going over 30mph that I thought that the cameras didn't work.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My question is: would make a difference if I reply with a covering letter, apologetic but asking to be excused as it was school holiday? Or would I sound silly?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: The area is Shenfield Road in Essex. And it's just asking to provide the details of the driver
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, no...for now
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Are you asking if this gives you a defence?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, I have never received a speeding fine before and I don't wish to loose 3 points for a speeding limit that was not hazardous..so yes, it would be a form of defence if possible