Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a parking fine from UKCPS. I did not see the notice

Customer Question

I have a parking fine from UKCPS. I did not see the notice saying it was a private parking which was on the wall. It was an extension of the UKCPS car park and also had their charges on the opposite wall. I had a valid ticket and have appealed the reply states I was parked on private land but there sign and machines were also on that land . Should I pay the fine
JA: Welcome! How can I help with your traffic law question?
Customer: have a parking fine from UKCPS. I did not see the notice saying it was a private parking which was on the wall. It was an extension of the UKCPS car park and also had their charges on the opposite wall. I had a valid ticket and have appealed the reply states I was parked on private land but there sign and machines were also on that land . Should I pay the fine
JA: Has a court date been set?
Customer: No its my first appeal
JA: In what state did this occur? Have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No I have not it was in Lincoln UK
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just did not see the signs and looking on google maps I can see them on the wall which would have been behind me. you in america
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

are you willing to be sued?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just did not see the signs behind me plus it is a bit decieving if their machines are actually on the property and their sign on the wall
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you still there??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello are you there????? Ive paid for a session and you are not responding
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

If you are not wiling to be sued then the only option is to pay in full. There is no other way of stamping out the risk.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

If you are prepared to run the risk then the chances you would be sued are very low but they do exist. There is no way around that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no im fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo