UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

Can I ask a question

Customer Question
Hi can I ask a...
Hi can I ask a question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
10/18/2016
Solicitor: Legal-Kal,
 replied 1 year ago
Legal-Kal

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. As a reminder, all information provided here is general in nature and does not constitute advice.

What would you question be?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand when you have to receive a nip within 14 days that the offence occurred because of the date!! What happens is someone filmed me using a cell phone commiting a offence today and didn't hand it into the police say in a weeks time how does a nip work? I'm from england
Solicitor: Legal-Kal,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for that information.

Since this is a U.K. related question, it has to be directed to the proper category so an expert knowledgeable in U.K. law can assist.

I will do this now and you should be greeted by a new expert shortly.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thank you
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 year ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi. You are in the UK section now.

Were you stopped at scene?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Are you the registered keeper?

What is the offence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went fast around a bend

Is this a film by a member of the public?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't no I'm just anxious what if someone did?? My main question is nip is sent out by the police within 14 days,so if say someone did film it and say send it into the police in a weeks time have would nip work?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would it be 14 days from when someone took the film in or 14 days from when the event took place? So say someone took the footage in to the police in 2 weeks it wouldn't apply? Because it was 2 weeks ago it happened?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
say a member of public took footage say on there cell phone,and delayed taking it in,say they took it in a weeks time,would the nip go by the time they took in it,or would the nip go by when the event took place
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister