How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a parking ticket from parking control management

Customer Question

i received a parking ticket from parking control management and they said i must pay £150 as i ignored the first 2 which i didn't get ,now i am due to appear in court ,but in the meantime there has been so much confusion over the parking at sainsburys they have changed the signs which now make it legal to park where i parked but the parking company wont mediate and when i called the them they said mediation hasn't worked in the past
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is in london uk
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes in brentford magistraightsncourt on the 26th oct but have been away and the parking cowboys company who were helping me pulled out and i needed to get a witness statement in 14 days before too and have been away
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they have up to 7 days to settle out of court
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Naveed Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for writing!

It seems the matter is in court and you wish to dispute the ticket. Since this is a civil case, the parking company will have to show that you were given sufficient notice, through a sign board or otherwise, about the non-parking area, and you chose to park there.

If you are going to dispute, then you should collate as much evidence as possible to support your case. Take photos of where you received the ticket. With respect to missing out on witness statement deadline, you need to apply and apprise the court why you missed the deadline and seek an extension. If the deadline has passed, you need to apply for relief from sanction, which may be imposed by court. Regards