Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been summonsed for misuse of a blue badge under

Customer Question

I have been summonsed for misuse of a blue badge under s117(1) RTRA 1984. Im inclined to plead guilty.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Just wanted to check if this results in a criminal conviction ? I understand that this might be a non recordable criminal conviction? is that correct and if so whats the difference in practice between a recordable and non recordable conviction? what are the consequences of have a non recordable convicytion on your record ?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Can a non recordable conviction appear on credt checks ? Is it the type of conviction that needs to be declared when eg asked if you have a criminal conviction in last 5 years when seeking insurance etc?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is in London, Uk and nothing else to add really . If the consequences are not too severe and its just a question of a fine and a conviction thats non recordable with little practical consequence then Im inclined to plead guilty by post with the minimum of fuss. I would welcome advice on mitigation
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

What would you like to know about this please?