Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor Advocate
27487359

My daughter has received a claim form from new generation

Customer Question

My daughter has received a claim form from new generation parking. on the letter it
States in the county court business centre this has a claim number. I can provide to you. If necessary Date of parking 21.06.16fine at £226.35
Issue date 3rd august. The. Solicitors are Gladstone Solicitors. Ltd. I THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD NOT NEED TO AS THE MARTIN LEWIS ADICE WAS IT WAS NOT ENFORCABLE. ARE YOU ABLE TO ADVISE PLEASE AS PAYMENT DATE IS MONDAY 22ND AUGUST. SHE IS A STUDENT AND WAS AT AN INTERVIEW AT ONE OF THE STORES AT THE LLANTRIANT TALBOT GREEN SITE WOULD. NON PAYMENT RESULT IN A CCJ MANY THANKS GRATEFUL FOR ANY ADVICE AS DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Hi there, these private parking companies cannot issue fines, the ticket and fees charged are for breach of contract. They can only enforce these by taking the matter to court - which is what they are doing. If she pays the sum straight away then she will not have a CCJ.

Usually with private company fines I would simply recommend you ignore their correspondence as they will not proceed to court with this. However, they are taking more and more to court now and the last thing you want is a cci.

I would only pay if they genuinely have issued a court claim. Northampton is the bulk court centre. There should be a court number on the document and it should be a particulars of claim. If it is not then it is a try-on from them. You need to check that it is genuinely a court summons. This is key. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you