UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

I bought a new car on 20th Feb. The V5 was reg to an address

Customer Question
from which I subsequently moved...
I bought a new car on 20th Feb. The V5 was reg to an address from which I subsequently moved. On 7th July my father, in whose name the car was financed, received a NIP for speeding (84 in a 70 limit). I never received the V5 and forgot about it. I have now notified DVLA of the change of address. I was driving the car. Do I have a defence in that it took so long for the NIP to reach the owner?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: U.K. Didn't realise this was USA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
7/24/2016
Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 1 year ago
James Mather
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
James Mather
James Mather
James Mather