Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Have been accused of drink driving offences even though i wasnt

Customer Question

have been accused of drink driving offences even though i wasnt even driving,however i cant prove who was at the time the vehicle was being driven
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i let someone drive my vehicle back to my home as i was told he lived near me and he damaged my vehicle and left me and my son there.i got out the rear of the vehicle and as i knew i wasnt fit to drive i walked off with my son,how ever the alarm of the car was going off so my son went back to make sure it was secure and after that we walked off,200 yards down the rd we where approached my officers and was arrested
JA: Anything else I can tell the Traffic Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: they are saying a security officer seen me which i have no idea about nor have i been informed that the security officer even did a photo id of me
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated above
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The post above does not contain a question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been accused of drink driving offences even though i wasnt even driving,however i cant prove who was at the time the vehicle was being drivenCustomer: i let someonedrive my vehicle back to my home as i was told he lived near me and he damaged my vehicle and left me and my son there.i got out the rear of the vehicle and as i knew i wasnt fit to drive i walked off with my son,how ever the alarm of the car was going off so my son went back to make sure it was secure and after that we walked off,200 yards down the rd we where approached my officers and was arrested
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, so what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best way forward on this matter as i have had a clean license for over 20yrs and never been convicted of anything in over 20yrs as well and no idea how best to deal with the matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as they have now charged me with drink driving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the reading i gave them on the breathalyser was 57mg
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you were not driving then you can always plead not guilty. The chances are that the Magistrates would disbelieve your account though I'm afraid and then you would lose credit and have to pay costs. If you want to avoid that then you can plead guilty to get full credit. It is really a matter for you. I think overall that I would plead guilty. Apart from anything else if you offer this account they will start asking for details of your insurance to prove that he was allowed to drive. 57 mg in breath is not the highest reading but it is aggravated by the accident I'm afraid. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 2 charged which i have been told by a friend are the same but can you tell me if thats the case.Blowing 57mg of alcohol in 100mlt or breath Contrary to section 5(1)(a) and section 2 of the road traffic offence act 1988 RT88007.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest nothing has been said to me in regarding to the accident in the matter what so ever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also at the moment ive plee is not guilty so how is it best to change my plee before court and would a letter to the judge inc other people references to say what im really like as this is not in my character at all
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it won't be. They won't bring separate charges for the accident.But it aggravates a drink driving charge.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Just get it listed for a change of plea.Just call the court and ask them to list it and vacate the trial date.