Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My name is fahim I applied provisional driving license on

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** applied for my provisional driving license on 2000.my dob is wrong on my licence Date month and year now i want to be honest with dvla and submit it what do you think i should do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When i applied some one advised me to put higher dates so my insurence will come down and at that time i was 16 17 something like that So i wasn't thinking straight but now i want to be honest with dvla and submit it do you think they going to class that as frau9
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Does it change anything? You were still entitled to a licence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was still entitled.but now if i contact dvla to correct it do you think they will prosecut me?because i provided them incorrect information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aren't they class that as fraud?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No. People correct incorrect information on their driving licences all the time. All they will do is charge a new fee for the issue of a correct licence.

As long as it doesn't affect your entitlement to drive that will be all that will happen over this.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aren't they going to ask your day month year was incorrect(which was provided by me)how come you never asked us to change it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not likely.

Unless it would affect your entitlement to drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not really sure if i was 16 or 17 is that make any difference
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that would make a difference.

That would affect your entiltement to a licence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you saying if i was under 16 they would take my licence away?is there any other consequences i can expect?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they could do that.

They shouldn't take any other action though but it is possible that they could revoke.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi joe isn't there anyway i can cut some sort of deal or something?as that time i was young and some one gave me wrong advise.if they take my licence away if will affect my job.is there anyway i can sort things with them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There isn't a way of guaranteeing they will not revoke. In fact, if you had a licence when you were too young for one and made a false representation to get around it then probably they will I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you suggesting if i were older than 16 i dont need to worry,is this right?or 17?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you were 17 then you would be entitled to a licence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i worked it out i think i was about 15 or 16 when i applied for my provisional licence but i passed my practical test when i was 20 (I'm sure).is that make any difference?i have had full insurance without any offence all this time.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not really. Come what may you had the provisional licence when you werent entitled. You may get away with it because of the passing of time. You may not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi joe.i saw you replied to someone's question you said if you were 17 at that time it's ok.can you please clarify or can you suggest me what i should do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you suggest me to do now?should i submit and ask them to change it or should i carry on?what does las says about this situation?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.