Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I sent all details in the email. I was driving at 30 mph

Customer Question

Hi, I sent all details in the email. I was driving at 30 mph through a village in N wales and went up a hill with a sharp lip on the top. The car picked up speed on the descent and I was checking the car back but on the right and hidden from view approaching the hill was a mobile van. I am a named driver on my mother's car and she received details within 14 days of intended prosecution for speeding at 35 mph. The van was facing north away from me but I believe that they can register speed alongside the van. it was very close to the lip of the hill and bound to pick up vehicles descending picking up momentum unless they all change down gear and brake, just in case there is a trap on the other side. I have yet to see the paperwork.
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: It was on 23/2/16, B5160, Tal-y-Bont road heading towards Conwy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I have been driving since 1975 with a full licence no points and have passed an advanced course and had a refresher. i have also flown planes so am well aware of checking my speed and correcting back and I was in the process of this on descent when I was caught on camera.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?