UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I have received notice that I have been charged with road…

Customer Question
I have received notice that...
I have received notice that I have been charged with road traffic offences (occurred 18-Aug-2015 ... Received notice 16-Feb-2016) ... I've noticed that on the form asking for any witness info they have added name and warrant number for a police officer who can provide evidence as "Police Officer who witnessed this offence" .... However this name/warrant number is ***** to Police Officer who stopped me and gave me the NIP and signed the NIP. What is the impact of this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
2/17/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello do you actually know what this person's involvement was?

Good morning ... I am not aware of who this person is. At the time I was stopped there was only one police officer in an unmarked car. His name was Martin Baker and his name and warrent number is ***** to that police officer who is named in the witness sheet. I was wondering if this was to do with internal procedure (do they have to have another person view the video) but it clearly states that if called they would provide evidence as they were a witness to the offence. I am grasping at the proverbial straws but hoping that the paperwork is incorrect and might void the summons ... Also it was served up within 2 days of the six month deadline.

Are you guilty of the offence?

I'm not going to be able to argue as to my innocence ... I am looking to see if I can get this summons set aside as it is invalid and then use the fact that any correct summons will not be presented to the court until after six months have expired
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.