UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

Jo, Ive been pulled over by a police car on A27, which was…

Customer Question
Hi Jo, Ive been pulled over...
Hi Jo,
Ive been pulled over by a police car on A27 for speeding, which was caught by police average speed 100mph over a distance of 1.079 miles covered in 38.818 seconds. I have no points on my licenses currently and its my first time caught for speeding, can i ask what punishment do u think i might get pls?
kind regards
Alex
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
2/15/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello are there any mitigating circumstances you may be able to offer?

I just wrote something like I had something wrong at that dinner, than I was looking for a service to poo, while didn't look at the speed. Is this alright?

Have you sent that already?

I've sent already on last Friday.

Okay.

We can't do anything about that now.

I presume this is a 70 miles an hour zone?

I don't really know what to write, is what I wrote gonna help? What kind of punishment do u think I mind get?
I'm just so worry about it, I've read something online, I might be disqualified , is this right?
it's a 70 zone

No, it isn't. You face the risk that they will vacate your guilty plea and set it down for trial because what you have written in mitigation amounts to the tenuous argument of the defence of necessity otherwise known as medical reasons. There's nothing you can do about that now. Had you posted earlier I would have told you not to send it but it's too late now.

If that does happen then you could always ask that it be listed you to plead guilty. It will still rack are the costs against you but it won't have any other impact.

If it they are saying you were doing 100 miles an hour or thereabouts in a 70 mile an hour zone then the punishments are either six points or a ban of between 7 to 56 days. As long as you are not doing over 110 miles an hour I would expect six point.

There will also be a fine of between 125% to 175% of your weekly income, costs that depend on when you plead, and the victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Because I went a solisitor, he told the cost of him would be higher than my fine, I just did by myself, can u tell me how long does it take for them to make decision then send the results back to me? And I'm still a student, I haven't got any income, my car is worth around 16000 pound, and my monthly spending is around 1000. What the fine will be? Thank u

If they set it down the trial then the issue won't be the fine but costs which will probably be about 400 to around 600.

The sum of the fine proper depends on your weekly income. They will work out your weekly income. If you do not provide the the income that you receive weekly then they will presume that it is £415.

I realise that you don't receive an income weekly but it is possible to work out the average by working out what you receive yearly and then dividing it by 52.

Ok if they set it down for a trial, what would happen to me? But I received something around 100,000 in 2015, do u think should I tell them, if not, how can I not to? If 100,000, I'm gonna get a huge fine right?

I am not sure what you mean?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

I mean as u told me if they set it down the trail, what is the issue would be?

.

I received money around 80,000 pound every year for parent, so that's 1500 per week, can u tell me how can I not to tell them about this?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.