UK Traffic Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
I was stopped by the police for driving without an insurance
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I was stopped by the police for driving without an insurance in December 2016 and was informed that I will be getting a letter from the court . I was informed that I do not have to attend court and th… read more
I have a hearing. Failure to identify driver. At first I was
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
At first I was unaware that the case had already been heard in my absence. I made a statutory declaration on 13/12/17 and now have a new hearing date on 20/04/2018 … read more
I have received a speeding notice and a charge for failing
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I have received a speeding notice and a charge for failing to give information relating to driver/ vehicle when required. I notified the Dvla that I moved address last year and had my license updated … read more
I've just been sent a notice of intended prosecution for
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
I've just been sent a notice of intended prosecution for going 67 in a 40mph zone on a motorway. I am very worried. … read more
My wife has just received court summons and a failure to
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Customer: Hello. My wife has just received court summons for speeding and a failure to identify. The issue was that we moved house and the letter was sent to our old address (I guess that's failure to… read more
I've just received a "Further steps notice" from West Mercia
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi.I've just received a "Further steps notice" from West Mercia Enforcement Centre stating that as I have failed to make payment as directed etc etc - £745.00 fine!I have *no idea* what this is about … read more
Jo I need some advice, I'm very panicked this morning
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi Jo I need some advice, I'm very panicked this morning as I just discovered I've been disqualified (unknowingly) since mid June. Let me explain. I separated from my ex-wife 3 years ago, and moved in… read more
I have received a summons for driving 37mph in a 30 zone. Initially
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I have received a summons for driving 37mph in a 30 zone. Initially I opted to attend a speed awareness course and I paid the fee to attend the course. I then did not attend the course as I forgot as … read more
Hello I moved house and forgot to change my address on my
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hello I moved house and forgot to change my address on my V5 document (I changed it with the insurance and on my drivers licence). I have just been informed by the people in my old house that I have a… read more
hi I have just received today a letter from dvla saying I
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
hi I have just received today a letter from dvla saying I was disqualified from driving and the hearing was on 8/11/13. Ihave two speeding convictions on my licence dated 07/09/10 and 13/17/11 I was s… read more
my partner has recieved a letter informing him he has to go
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
my partner has recieved a letter informing him he has to go to court on 4/9/12 due to having no tax or insurance on his car when he was stopped by the police in May this year, we understand why this h… read more
I have been served with a court summons for speeding and failure
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I have been served with a court summons for speeding and failure to notify. I plead guilty to speeding but have never received any notification until hand delivered by local police. The offence was 14… read more
I sold my house in the South of England in December last year,
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
I sold my house in the South of England in December last year, and because I had no significant post between September I didn't have my mail redirected. I was done for speeding on the 3/2/2011 but kne… read more
I have just been stopped by a Thames Valley policeman with
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I have just been stopped by a Thames Valley policeman with a handheld speed camera which showed I was doing 41 in a 30mph zone. I m sure my speed was less than that. A sticker on the camera showed tha… read more
I am being prosecuted for faliure to provide details of driver
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I am being prosecuted for faliure to provide details of driver after being caught on speed camera. I did not receive a reply to notice form. I was driving the car at the time. I have had to make a sta… read more
the police have handed me summons today for a court hearing
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
the police have handed me summons today for a court hearing on tuesday 15th march next week. they were trying to find me on old adress and i contacted the local police dpt and gave them my new details… read more
Appeal against a 6 point penalty fine issued on 8/1/2010 by
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
Appeal against a 6 point penalty fine issued on 8/1/2010 by Chelmsford court for over speeding which I pleaded not guilty because I was not the offender.… read more
Type your question here. In Novemeber I received a fixed penalty
UK
UK, Legal Adviser
Type your question here. In Novemeber I received a fixed penalty notice SP30 notification in the post. A £60 fine and 3 points. I filled in the details and sent it back. A week or so later I received … read more