How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got stopped this morning on a dual carriageway apparently

Customer Question

got stopped this morning on a dual carriageway apparently doing 104mph BUT, as I was in my French Registered car, and have a French address, he issued me with a Roadside Deposit Notice which has Penalty Reference Number on it and I paid £100 by credit card in the back of the police car. does that mean its a FPN and I've paid my £100 so I just get 3 points, ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: unmarked police car followed me for about 6 miles on a number of dual carriageways, and I was concerned about who it was following me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a UK licence?