UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I am ***** ***** I have received charge notice from ghview…

Customer Question
Hello I am *****...

Hello I am ***** ***** I have received charge notice from highview parking for non payment for parking in a car park - I was in the hotel above the car park and mentioned to them where I was parked and they said that was fine i thought it was the hotel car park. When I entered the car park there was no barriers or ticket given nor could I see pay and display signs anywhere also there was no barrier when I left. I have received a charge notice advising of legal proceedings because I have not responded to previous communications ( I have not received any thing before ) in the fine it advises you can only communicate with them via email or post but they do have a advice line number . I have sent an email everyday since the 12/01 and not had any acknowledgement or response I have called the advice line number many times to be told if they are not responding to my emails then send a letter !!! I said I do not to pay postage when I have the option to send a email for free so I was then told that is the advice they are giving it is up to me if I do not want to take it and get legal action taken against me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have received charge notice from highview parking for non payment for parking in a car park - I was in the hotel above the car park and mentioned to them where I was parked and they said that was fine i thought it was the hotel car park. When I entered the car park there was no barriers or ticket given nor could I see pay and display signs anywhere also there was no barrier when I left. I have received a charge notice advising of legal proceedings because I have not responded to previous communications ( I have not received any thing before ) in the fine it advises you can only communicate with them via email or post but they do have a advice line number . I have sent an email everyday since the 12/01 and not had any acknowledgement or response I have called the advice line number many times to be told if they are not responding to my emails then send a letter !!! I said I do not to pay postage when I have the option to send a email for free so I was then told that is the advice they are giving it is up to me if I do not want to take it and get legal action taken against me.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Traffic Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
1/21/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi. Who is the issuer of this fine please?

highview parking

Ok.

Are you asking if you are liable?

Yrs

Ok. Are you willing to risk being sued?

I have been trying to contact them to discuss my issue but no one is responding, I do not want to be sued but I would like them to answer the questions I have asked with regards ***** ***** previous letters they have supposed to have sent as well as lack if signage in the car park. That is why I am trying to contact their appeals team but they are not responding where do I stand with that

No, there is no point in discussing it with them.

So are you willing to risk being sued?