Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Parking fine morrisons car park, in aberdeen
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, parking fine morrisons car park, in aberdeen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: daughters car parked overnight due to public extravaganza made local parking impossible june 14
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Traffic Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sorry, i am rather busy unfortuabely, ill probably pay for her as i dont have time to fight it
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay

How can I help with this please ?

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it legaly enforcable. we now have debt collectors threatening court action due to a recent court judgment in england that they say has changed the legel landscape
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
previously, i had ignored similiar charge, and they went away afvter a few months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these seem more persistant - which may mean they are in a stronger position
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They may think they are.

Are you willing to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at the moment
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The only way to guarantee you are not sued is to pay in full. There is no other way of achieving that.

If you are prepared to run the risk then the chances they will sue are fairly low. There has been some recent case law in their favour although it doesn't establish anything relevant to your case and, in fact, is only persuasive authority is Scotland anyway.

However, it is fair to say that has made them more aggressive than formerly and they are suing more people.

That said, you can still put them to proof on the identity of the driver and the adequacy of signs.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that gives me the confidence to continue to ignore them. my daughter was not the driver anyway
thanks for help
bye bye
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Don't be intimidated by debt collectors. They have no power.