UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

I've just been online to check the status of my driving

Customer Question
licence and have seen that...
I've just been online to check the status of my driving licence and have seen that it has been revoked!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/22/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What would you like to know about this?

I'm not sure why it has been, as I haven't received any notification about it. I'd also like to know what to do, to try and get it re-instated. I think it may have something to do with an incident from a few years ago. I received a summons (I think) for allegedly speeding along a stretch of the A2, that was undergoing roadworks at the time. It is normally 70mph but had been reduced to 50mph.I was self-employed at the time but was unable to attend so faxed the court to notify them and get another date to attend. Unfortunately, when the new date was sent, I was unable to attend but had faxed the court that morning, before I was due to attend, apologising for the late notice (I was the only employee of the business) and asking for another date. I heard nothing from the court and received nothing from the DVLA. I've not had any issues hiring cars, using the licence for identity checks etc, which is why nothing has been flagged to my attention until now.I only checked the status of the licence online as it's due for renewal in about 18 months and I just wanted to know what I needed to do to in preparation for the renewal.

Well, there could be lots of reasons.

Only the DVLA can tell you that.

It could be that you didn't renew after ten years.

It could be that you didn't send your licence in for points to be added at some point.

It could be an error of the DVLA. It wouldn't be the first time.

From what you say, it is probably that incident. It is not likely that you were revoked in court but if you didn't send your licence in then it would have been revoked by the DVLA.

You just have to apply for reissue which is very easy to do but there is a cost involved. It is fairly small.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

That's thing, I didn't receive a notice from the DVLA to send my licence in, I would have done, if that was the case. How do I re-apply for the licence in this case?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister