How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 70414
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been caught doing 43 mph on a 30mph road . I need a

Customer Question

I have been caught doing 43 mph on a 30mph road . I need a clean licence for my job. I have been told the cutoff point is 42 to do an awareness course instead of points. Can you please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I get to do the awareness course rather than points on my licence ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Well, there is no way of demanding that. It is always entirely within the discretion of the force and you are outside of the guideline speeds.
You can ask for the course. They will almost certainly refuse.
They might not notice the speed in question. Sometimes they do not. If they do though then they might well say it exceeds the boundaries.
Probably what they will do is make an offer of the fixed penalty or the course and it would be a good idea to accept quickly in the hope that they don't notice your speed.
If they do though and they refuse then that is something they are free to do.
I'm very sorry but you cannot force them to depart from their policy.
Can I clarify anything for you?