UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

I have receved a summonds insedent when crossing a level crossing on aproaching the…

Customer Question
I have receved a summonds...
I have receved a summonds for a insedent when crossing a level crossing on aproaching the crossing there was no lights flashing no siron or warning for me to stop i crossed the stop line when i had past the lights and was positiond on the railway line i noticed the barrier on far right hand corner move out of reaction i stopped looked up at the signal man prosided across .iam definitley innosent of eny offence caused on my behalf.all i can think how this has occurd was the button at the crossing to opporate the gates and lights was pressed as i was on or over the stop line. I have wrote back and fore to british transport police spoke to the prosicuting officer he said he had a statment off the signal man .think now better go to court to proove innosence .please help..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
6/24/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?

.There was no camera footage of this insident only statment from the signal man.also i still feel that no offence was commited on my behalf because there was no red light or warning siren given to me on aproaching the crossing do i have a case to fight.

Normally a level crossing has barriers and a sign with flashing and red lighting?
I have never seen one without?