Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

So i worked at Wetherspoons .5 years, regularly parked

Customer Question

Hi, so i worked at Wetherspoons for 2.5 years, regularly parked in a 'Wetherspoons' spot when twice in 10 days i was issued parking tickets, now receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus LTD demanding payment or there'll be court action.... Surely if i hadn't been warned or cautioned for parking there for over two years, they can't do it twice in the space of 10 days? other cars who belonged to staff also parked there regular without bother?
How do i deal with it
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
No, I am sorry.
There is no defence in effectively saying that you have contravened their requirements many times before and others are doing it all the time.
You can always put them to prove on the adequacy of their signs and what to see if they do sue but if you go into court making these points then you will lose I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo