How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can happen if a former name wasnt declared in a crb

This answer was rated:

What can happen if a former name wasn't declared in a crb check.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

I'm Simona,came to UK in 2001 after my marriage in Romania ended in 2000 when I returned to my maiden name.

Partly because I missunderstood back then that I have to declare all my surnames from birth(I understood only the one I was known in UK),partly because I was traumatised by the failed marriage,I did not declare that particular surname in any of the crb checks here in the UK.

What can I do and what repercutions can be if I declare it now?

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

My colleague has very kindly asked me to answer this question as this is more my area of expertise.

In this case I would suggest that you get a solicitor to draft an affidavit for you confirming the name that you have been using and then stating the name that you should have been using and also stating the reason why you did not declare this on your CRB or earlier.

This would be the best cause of action, if you are honest and forthcoming them I do not foresee any issues, provided your affidavit explain the reasoning behind you not using your correct name.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thank you for your reply,I have one more question.

The name I did not declare I was using it between '93-'99 back in my home country and in 2001 when I entered the UK I was back on my maiden name.

The reason I am worried about is(because I have a full understanding of the language now and realized my mistake), if declaring that name now would impact on my career as a nurse.


My regards,


Thank you for your reply.

As long as the name you have used since entering the uk is the name you had been using back in your home country and were known by that name then it should effect your future career, you should clear any misconceptions up by having an affidavit which clarifies any issues.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
UK_Lawyer and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you