Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

hI MY DAUGHTER PARKED IN AFAREHAM TESCOS, THERE WAS A SIGN

Customer Question

hI MY DAUGHTER PARKED IN AFAREHAM TESCOS, THERE WAS A SIGN SAYING 2 HOURS FREE PARKING, APPARENTLY THERE WAS A PARKING MACHINE THAT U HAD TO VALIDATE A VOUCHER WITH, THERE WAS NO SIGN SAYING THIS AND AS IT WAS THE FIRST TIME WE HAD PARKED THERE WE DIDNT KNOW WE WAS WELL UNDER THE 2 HOURS FREE PARKING, SHE HAS RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING SHE HAS TO PAY £70, SHE ONLY OPENED THIS LETTER LAST NITE AS WE LEFT FOR SCOTLAND ON THE 15TH JULY AND ONLY CAME BACK LAST NITE, it was sent by highwiew parking

Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Did this happen in Scotland?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi no this was in Fareham England on the the 7/07/13 but didn't get letter until we got back last nite

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I hope this is not going too cost more than £22 as daughter cannot afford it thankyou

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
You will need to email customer services about the cost but I'm sure they can do this for you.

Who is the issuer of the fine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

highwiew parking borehamwood herts WD6 4ZL

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do u contact customer services please, I cannot ask any more questions if it will cost more than the £22 thankyou

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Email [email protected]

I'm sure they will sort that out for you.

Let me know when you want to carry on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't had answer yet to question I asked

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Do you want to carry on?

I thought you wanted to raise this with customer services first?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have sent them an email thankyou

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Ok.

Let me know when you want to carry on. I should be around most of the day.