How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 70526
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, if I want to teach my friend to drive on my car, and

This answer was rated:

if I want to teach my friend to drive on my car, and she has a provisional driving license, what should I proceed? How should I prepare my car to this?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Im not sure what you mean? Do you mean L plates and things like that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, all of these. l plates, extra insurance, second beck mirror? what else?


Sorry for the delay. I lost my connection.

I'm not sure that I can tell you anything you don't already know. The law only requires L plates, and supervision by a person over the age of 21 who holds a full licence and has done for three years.

Adequate insurance must be in place obviously.

Things like dual controls, second mirror etc are all optional. A second mirror is easy enough to fit but dual controls involve a fairly radical alteration of a car that probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

Is there anything else you wanted to know?

Jo C. and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you